Place of work:
The White Horse, A38, Buckover, GL12 8DX
Working 5 days out of 7 with 1/2 chefs in the kitchen. (Pizza kitchen has separate team).
Kitchen Hours: Lunch 12-3pm, Evening 4 – 9pm
Prep and clean down times dependant on service.
The company will pay for various courses online via CPL online training.
Starting salary of £23k with a review after 2/3 months
On-site if required. Sharing with 1 other team member (currently).
£25.00 per week (includes all bills)
£10.00 per week council tax (subsidised by the company)
Style of Cuisine:
Sample British dishes:
- Grilled asparagus, ham hock, poached egg, wild garlic hollandaise
- Beetroot and Cotswold gin cured salmon, horseradish crème fraiche, watercress and pickled fennel salad
- Cornish hand-picked crab tart, pickled cucumber, dill and mustard sauce
- Cornish scallops, pea puree, bacon, lemon butter sauce
- Grilled tenderstem broccoli, whipped goats cheese, lemon, soft herbs, shaved courgette and fennel, orange and pine nut dressing
- Whole ham hock, clarence court eggs, hand-cut chips, pineapple
- Wild garlic gnocchi, tomato and porcini mushroom sauce, mascarpone, purple sprouting broccoli, parmesan tuile
- Grilled flat iron chicken, chorizo polenta chips, rainbow slaw, chermoula mayo
- Salt-baked carrots – cashew cream, pickled shallots, smoked Jersey Royals, charred spring onions, romesco sauce (ve)
- Cornish brill – roasted on the bone, lobster sauce, asparagus, Jersey Royals
In addition, there are small Indian selection and some Neapolitan pizzas on our new wood fired authentic pizza oven. We would like our new chef to be able to being ideas into the above and be able to execute them and some current dishes consistently.
The pub has under taken a complete top to bottom refurbishment (with more information appearing soon on our website and social media). We will now have a gastropub/restaurant design with food and beverages to compliment.
All enquiries directly to: Rumit Lakhani managing director of the White Horse, Buckover