The care catering sector unites for NACC forum
Key industry experts from the care catering sector will come together in September to attend the 2012 National Association of Care Catering (NACC) National Training & Development Forum.
The event, taking place at the Hilton Hotel, Blackpool from 19-21 September, will also be using the event to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
To commemorate the milestone all of the past national chairs of the NACC will be at the event with fellow members and sector representatives.
As well as being a celebration, it will also be business as usual. There will be a mix of respected speakers, workshops, and networking with peers and sector suppliers to take part in. Delegates will gain new skills and develop best practice to improve the catering provision.
New for 2012 is also the Care Catering Culinary Demonstration Theatre, which will include a special demonstration by the 2012 NACC Care Cook of the Year, Ellie Cook, a Networking Brunch with a motivational speaker presenting a masterclass in 'the MASSIVE Goal Principle', a focused supplier exhibition centred in one room enabling delegates to discover the very latest developments in food, drink, technology and equipment.
Speakers will include Dianne Jeffrey, chairman, Age UK, Gary Elton-Shewan, founder, The Learning Labyrinth, Rachael Masters, team lead dietitian, Focus on Undernutrition, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, and David Hyner FPSA, Stretch Development Ltd.
Topics for debate and discovery include:
• Culinary demonstrations covering challenges faced every day such as dysphagia
• Ideas for how to achieve positive outcomes in dementia care
• How catering and care staff can be instrumental in tackling undernutrition within the workplace
• NANA – an interactive toolkit that enables the collection of dietary information and then compares it against physical activity, mood and cognitive function
• A masterclass on the MASSIVE goal principle – helping delegates to think and behave like a top achiever
• Developing people with passion – how to put together a well balanced team
• Dignity and nutrition in care
Karen Oliver, chair, NACC, said: "The NACC National Training & Development Forum is always a highlight and a vital date on the care catering industry calendar. This year the event is set to be immense.
"The 25th anniversary of our association is a true milestone to be honoured and celebrated. Over the past quarter of a century the association and its members have worked tirelessly to continually improve standards in care catering and protect the vulnerable people entrusted to our care.
"Together we have overcome huge obstacles, succeeded in highlighting fundamental issues, promoted excellence, and become the leader, authority and benchmark for best practice across the sector. From humble beginnings back in 1987, our incredible evolution and ground-breaking achievements are certainly a cause for celebration and festivity."
Words: Maria Bracken
« Back to previous page