Toque d’Or competition reveals new format for entry
In previous years the entry task consisted of a practical assignment but this year participants will be asked to complete a virtual assessment. Entrants will be sent links to reading material on sustainability and nutrition to prepare them for a multiple-choice assessment on 18 March.
Competitors will also need to complete a one-minute ‘selfie-style video’ explaining why they are passionate about the hospitality industry and why they should be selected to take part in the 2021 Torque d’Or.
Katya Simmons, managing director of Nestlé Professional UK&I, said: “Our aim has always been to support the next generation and provide them with the opportunity to learn and grow in their career.
“Changing the format of the entry task to one that is virtual ensures that the competition remains accessible to all aspiring professionals.”
Updated Toque d’Or timeline:
- Registration deadline – 16 March
- Virtual assessment – 18 March
- Heat task communicated – 26 March
- Virtual cooking challenge to take place - 15 April
- Finalists announced – 30 April
- Grand finals hosted – w/c 28 June
- Awards (on the last day of the finals) - w/c 28 June
- Awards broadcast – July 2021
To register or for more information, visit here.